Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Mistletoe and Wine

All of a sudden Christmas appeared. I suppose it's because I didn't have much preparation to do. I travelled to my mums last Friday and things have been a little bit strange here. I still haven't spoken to my dad since he left and I thought he might try to phone me this week. So far he hasn't but I did get a card! Mum is finding this week hard but fortunately Christmas day we went to friends, otherwise it might have been depressing just us at home. As it was we had a good time, although I think I may have been mostly responsible the empty bottle of brandy!

The wife is still at home with her family. Of course I miss her whenever I'm away but this time I'm particularly feeling it. (I don't want to think about how big my phone bill will be, but she has such a gorgeous phone voice)! I think it's because she is great to talk to when I get fed up of the situation with my parents, or any situation for that matter. And also because if it was just us two at Christmas we would make it a special time, more so than it is for either of us as things are. Hey-ho, just three more sleeps until I go home and my little cousins are coming tomorrow so that will keep me busy for the day.

I hope you had a great time this Christmas and that it was everything you wanted it to be.

No comments: