Thursday, December 08, 2005

Televisual delights!




I was going to blog about how Sarah Beeny , Davina McCall and chocolate muffins all in one program make for a televisual delight. But then I would have to tell you that how I convinced the wife that even if Sarah Beeny and Davina McCall arrived together to feed me chocolate muffins I would turn them away. I pointed out it is 5 years tomorrow since we met. "Is it really, the 10th tomorrow" was her reply. "No, the 9th" said I, not surprised. "The 9th tomorrow?" asked she, "yes, the 9th of December, 5 years, tomorrow" said I. The wife's typically lovely reply was "Well, as the dwarf said to Snow White, it's not the length that matters, it's how good it is"! How could anyone compete with that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love reading about you two!

Even after almost 7 years - I would totally let those two feed me chocolate muffins ;-)

Beth

Holly said...

Thank you! I have to admit that the wife was sort of right about us meeting on the 10th, as it was after midnight so we had better celebrate both days! (Any excuse for a nice bottle of wine).